29.3.13

BARBADANGO CONCEPT ART


















Last night I completed this map of the world I've begun developing for my comic book venture "Barbadango". The world is called Zoika and it is made up of five regions: the Autumn kingdom of Humberthorn, the Winter kingdom of Slinderthorn, the Spring kingdom of Garnathorn, the Summer kingdom of Mermathorn, and the Troll territory of Teraglyph.

As you can see, each kingdom has its Guardian team of one warrior Knight and one magical Gnome. Initially the Spring Knight was going to be a spider before I decided on making him an iguana and the Summer Knight was going to be a blue frog, but then I recently changed my mind and made him a blue crab. Without going into detail (to avoid spoilers), this map shows the original Autumn Gnome and Knight (a fox) instead of Katrina and Barbadango.